CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

8 - bloom



so, i am an official resident of where i live now . . . i finally got my drivers license, am registered to vote, AND have a library card. it only took 19 months . . .

bloom has the distinction of being the first book i used my card for. exciting. i know. anyway. it was a very fast read and is, of course, a YA book. hey, i spent most of january reading outside of my comfort zone. give a girl a break. i'd never read any of elizabeth scott's books before. she is very much like sarah dessen and deb caletti. i liked bloom. it did kind of drag a little for me, but it was a sweet story. she has a couple of other books out, so i'll be looking into them i am sure. there is no doubt in my mind that mis estudiantes would like bloom, which, you know, is really the most important part of it. i'm starting book talks in march and will make sure to include it.

okay. so. i need some suggestions on books to read. i have garden spells on hold (look at me actually using the library services!) because i've only heard great things about it. any others? i kind of feel like a biography, so if you know of some good and interesting ones, let me know!
have any of you read any of the books written by obama, mccain, h. clinton? worth reading? just curious!

3 comments:

Leah Marie said...

First off - Garden Spells is fantastic, and I'm glad you have that on hold.

I have read Audacity of Hope by Obama. Its a great presentation of his platform. I, of course, loved it, what with sharing is political POV and all...

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog after I saw Lori's comment on your wall.

I hope all is well!

I will now know what to read!! (I feel very out of the loop as far as American lit right now!)
~Tiffany (K)

sarah said...

Leah - I figured you probably had read it. We'll see if I find time to read it before the Texas primary.

Tiffany - Glad you found me from across the pond! :)