CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

39 and 40


let me just get this out of the way: i heart chuck bass.  yes.  i am THAT 30-year-old who must have her gossip girl fix each week and counts the cw as her 2nd favorite network (no fears, nbc, you are still numero uno . . . as long as you keep jim halpern around.  but back to the books - upper eastside?  new york city wealthy lifestyle?  great fashions?  a lovable cad?  secrets?  true-love beyond class . . . wait.  don't i watch this show?  no. no you don't because these books are set in 1899!!!  a turn-of-the-century historical fiction  gossip girl-esque series?  oh my.  my nerdiness will not contain itself.




i have downed both of these books in record time.  i was craving something fun to get into and i found such respite in the luxe and rumors by anna godbersen.  now that i've gobbled these up, i have to wait until january 27th of 2009 for the third, envy, to make its appearance.  that's okay.  maybe i can win some cool nars goodies from godbersen's website.  (yeah, i am not sure i get the connection, but as far as sponsors go, you can't get too much better than nars!)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you realize you will be lending me some of these entertaining books when I visit in a few weeks. :)

The Kilcoynes said...

I need some of those books over here.