CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

36, 37, 38 - combining posts . . .


i am in the process of designing a new class right now.  (shh.  this should have been done a few weeks ago, but i'm finally putting some actual teacher thought into it.)  my friend, micki, at school sent me the link to this lesson plan on www.readwritethink.org to help motivate me a little.  and oh boy!  did it motivate me.  and here's why.





36 - the anchor text for this unit is a chair for my mother by vera williams.  when i saw that, i knew that i absolutely had to do the lesson.  this was my favorite book EVER reviewed on reading rainbow.  i still remember watching reading rainbow, hearing about this book, and going to straight to it the next time we went to the library.  i loved the story, loved the art, loved everything.  so yeah.  i am excited to work with it next week.



37 & 38 - when i went to buy it yesterday evening, i found myself standing in front of several of leo lionni books.  talk about books that have amazing philosophy . . . so i had to get a couple.


1 comments:

The Kilcoynes said...

Ahhh. Reading Rainbow! I can do anything... Take a look...