CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

1 - Honey, Baby, Sweetheart

Book One
Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti



Well, I'm off to a slow start with school starting back up and the Iowa caucus last night and the Orange Bowl (Rock Chalk!) and the insanity surrounding Britney Spears. There's just been so much distracting me that it was kind of difficult to focus on this book. Overall, it was a sweet little read. I've read some of Caletti's other books and they were much more intense than this one. It's YA, so I've yet to wander out of my comfort zone. People compare her a lot to Sarah Dessen, of whom I am a major fan and kind of want to be when I grow up. I don't get as drawn into the Caletti books as I do Dessen's (maybe because Dessen's books are all set in the south?), but they are really different stories with some pretty colorful characters. One of the chapters in H,B,S starts with the line, "The day we stole Lillian from the nursing home . . . ", so you know there's some crazy adventure waiting around the corner.

Rating: ***1/2 out of 6

0 comments: