CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

2 - Straight Talking



Still working on reading some real literature like Steinbeck and Emerson, but in the mean time I really needed to be lazy this morning and read a good standby. So, I settled on Straight Talking by Jane Green. I am a big fan of hers because she writes "chick lit" without succumbing any real formula. For example, all of her heroins are pretty strong women prior to the inevitable romancing at place in "chick lit." Their "Prince Charmings" aren't there to save them, which is refreshing to read. Also, every single one of her books is incredibly different from her others.

That said, ST isn't my favorite of hers, but I hadn't read it in a while, so I gave it a go. It's a little more, um, shall we say, racy than any of her other books. But it was a quick, fast read. Now that I've gotten some entertainment reading out of the way, maybe I can get down to the heavy stuff.

Rating: *** of 6

0 comments: